Friday 10 August 2012

So I started an art gallery on a whim

I am the self proclaimed baroness of whims, to the point where I applied to go to university on one. Seriously.

As such, I have decided to start up a travelling art gallery. Hopping from flea market to pop-up across the capital, hawking my friends' art for a low low commission of just 15%. I mean, how hard can it be really? People start up businesses all the time, and mine doesn't involve food so there's no chance of murdering people with explosive diarrhoea. 

My gallery name? Gallery Flea.

I've found some pretty cool spots, got my system sorted, got some artists lined up, ordered some packing tubes, and I'm pretty much ready to go.

To do:
-sort out a logo and cover photo for my facebook page
-make some flyers that I can hand out on my stall so people know who we are
-get more artists on board
-buy some paper bags (printed with logo?)
-source merchandise (a shirt for me to wear on the stall, tote bags?)
-advertise with locale specific internet ads
-have a banner made for the front of my stall
-buy a fold out table for events which don't have tables

It's all a bit overwhelming, but I really want to make this work! And like I said, people do start up businesses all the time and increasingly people are turning their pop-ups into permanent enterprises. Ask any Londoner about Pitt Cue Co. or Meatliquor and you'll see exactly what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment